Recipe by Miss Annie
A good side dish and gives the squash a new twist! The original recipe calls for bacon or bacon drippings. You may substitute chicken bouillon cubes instead.
Top Review by Barb G.
Delicious way to fix Zucchini, everyone loved Espically my DH. I used my home canned stewed tomatoes, This recipe is a KEEPER. Will be making this alot when squash is plentiful out of the garden.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 sweet bell pepper, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 fresh tomatoes, medium size crushed (or 2 cans stewed tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings (or 2 chicken bouillon cubes)