Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Make and share this Low Carb Stuffed Zucchini recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut zucchini lengthwise in halves. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 inch wall; chop pulp and reserve. Place zucchini shells cut sides down in dish. Cover loosely and microwave on high (100%) until crisp-tender (about 5-6 minutes.) Cover and microwave reserved pulp, the onions, and butter in a 1 1/2 quart casserole or bowl on high until tender (6-7 minutes.) Stir in cheese, tomato, salt and pepper.
- Turn zucchini shell cut sides up; spoon mixture into shells. Cover loosely and microwave on high until hot (2-3 minutes.)
- Makes 8 Servings. 3 net grams of carbohydrate per serving.
THis was fabulous - Your recipe was for Microwave but I did it in the oven. I like my Zuchhini crisp, under done so Idid not pre cook it. I cleaned the zuke, mixed the filling and baked it i a 375 oven for 25 minutes - PERFECT, still crisp. I added 3/4 tsp chili powder to give it some extra punch. My guest definitely wanted the recipe. Thanks Chef 363 Loved it
I am giving this only 4 stars as there is always room for change.Oven to 375. I started wih spooning out the center and put aside. I then cooked the shell in the micro as directed for 4 minutes and put aside on a baking sheet . I then then cut up a small onion and minced a few garlic and roasted in a pan with the 2 Tbs of butter. when nicely browned I then added the insides of the Zucchini insides ( I chopped up a bit before adding) Let that cook for a bit. I then chopped up some cherry tomatoes about a cup and put together with a cup of grated cheese ( I had a blend of Mecican mix leftover from the SuperBowl). When the mix on the stove was done ( a nice brown ) I transfered to a glass bowl and added the tomatoes and grated cheese and mixed. I divided into 4 even parts and spooned into the Zucchini halfs and placed into the oven for 10 minutes. I then removed them from the oven, and set the oven to a Low Broil. I tossed a tablespoon of grated fresh parm cheese on top and placed back into th broiler for 5ish minutes until the Parm cheese is a nicely done. Yummy. I know it sounds like alot it really is not. Enjoy I hope.
This was so easy and so good. I did what Chef 363 did and baked it. I also had some leftover corn on the cob and took the corn off the cob and added that to the mix. Yummy. Even my boyfriend liked it. You can add almost anything. Mushrooms, red pepper, squash.....