Recipe by Mercy
Make sure to season each layer well, as it is difficult to season it later.
Top Review by Fishing G.
DELICIOUS!! My bf loved it too. I added a can of beef broth, jalapeño and bell peppers to the hamburger. I used half a pack of chili season packet for flavor. This is by far the best comfort food I have made to date. Looking forward to eating the leftovers tomorrow. I attached picture. Mmmmm.
- 4 -6 pieces bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 16 ounces frozen green beans
- 16 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; drain well and set aside.
- In same skillet, brown the hamburger and onion, seasoning with salt and pepper; drain fat.
- In 8"x12" baking dish, mix hamburger, bacon, onion and garlic powders.
- Check seasoning for salt and adjust if needed, then stir in the beaten egg and 1/2 the cheese.
- Spread over bottom of baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in medium pot, cook green beans according to package directions; drain well then return to pot and stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Spread beans over meat layer. In same pot, cook cauliflower 10-12 minutes until very tender; drain well.
- Put cauliflower, 2 tablespoons butter and sour cream in food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning, if necessary, then spread evenly over green beans.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350º for 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.