Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy, tasty breakfast with a kick of protein.
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1⁄2 cup low-carbohydrate baking mix (Atkins)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 8 egg whites
- 1 apple, chopped
- Combine bake mix, milk, and egg whites in mixing bowl.
- Whisk together.
- Add oats, whisk until smooth batter forms.
- Add a bit of cinnamon to batter if you wish.
- Pour desired amount of batter onto lightly greased skillet or griddle on medium-high heat; immediately sprinkle a few chunks of apple over top.
- Cook 1-2 minutes or until small bubbles form on surface.
- Flip and cook 1-2 minutes more.