Recipe by Sue Lau
Serve with low carb whole grain pasta, or in a low carb wrap with low carb marinara sauce for a low carb meatball sandwich. Also good made with bbq sauce.
Top Review by Vincent T.
I just tried this, and they turned out great except I think I over cooked them, they were a little dry for me. Maybe I'll try a little less time or maybe a little bit more marinara sauce. Fantastic besides that.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef, ground pork, gound veal, ground turkey (or a mixture)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup crushed plain pork rind
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free tomato sauce or 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside.
- Mix together ingredients thoroughly.
- Using a 1/3 cup ice cream scoop, scoop up mixture and place in holes in muffin tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Place on paper toweling to absorb any excess fat.