Sue Lau's Note:
Serve with low carb whole grain pasta, or in a low carb wrap with low carb marinara sauce for a low carb meatball sandwich. Also good made with bbq sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef, ground pork, gound veal, ground turkey (or a mixture)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed plain pork rind
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free tomato sauce or 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside.
- 3Mix together ingredients thoroughly.
- 4Using a 1/3 cup ice cream scoop, scoop up mixture and place in holes in muffin tin.
- 5Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- 6Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
- 7Place on paper toweling to absorb any excess fat.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.6
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.7 mg
- Sodium 187.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: