Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Love Shepherd's pie - but watchin' those carbs and fat content? WHO ISN'T!? Well, this should suffice. Yes, I know it's not as rich as the Full Fat/Full Carb version, but IT IS really, really, delish AND you don't have to feel sooooooo guilty and starve yourself the next day to make up for having this.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (37 g) packet Knorr Shepherds Pie Mealmaker Mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 8 ounces frozen peas and carrots
- my recipe for low carb mashed potatoes
- Fry the onions in a little oil until golden and fry until soft.
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Mix contents of the packet with water and add to the pan.
- Bring to boil and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Add ketchup and frozen veggies and transfter to everything to an overnproof dish/casserole.
- Cover with mashed "potato"s (which is really mashed califlower) make it as thin or thick as you want and cook in the over for 25-30 minutes.
This was very good for a middle-of-the-week casserole! I made some changes by using a chicken gravy mix instead of the Knorr mix specified (I couldn't find it in my store) and I used more frozen veggies (12 oz) and skipped the low carb mashed potatoes. Thanks for the very easy and filling recipe!