Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Im on a low carb nutrition plan and Im always experimenting with different food. I cam up with this sandwich wrap and its wonderful. I have to remind myself its ok to eat cause it taste so good. I have it figured at 6 net grams of carb.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (I like Tyson's individually frozen Pre-Cooked breasts.)
- 1⁄4 cup of three pepper and onion blend frozen mixed vegetables (I use Kroger brand found with the frozen vegetables)
- 1 cup of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- garlic powder
- creole seasoning
- 2 -3 tablespoons alfredo sauce (I use a prepared Jar Sauce, Bertolli is very good, 3 grams of carbs)
- 1 low-carb flour tortillas (I use the wraps that have 4 net grams of Carbs. Found in my produce department)
- In a non-stick fry pan melt butter.
- Add frozen veggies and mushrooms.
- Cook about 5 minutes over Med-High heat.
- Slice chicken into thin slices and add to veggies mix.
- Salt, garlic and Creole seasoning to taste.
- Cook about 5 additional minutes. Now add the Alfredo, stir and cook till sauce is thick.
- Place in warm sandwich wrap.
- Can be served with a small side dish of grapes or melon slices or a small spinach or any low carb salad.
Yum! I cooked garlic and spinach with the onion, peppers, and mushrooms. Like another comment suggested, I used sour cream instead of the alfredo and added some parmesan cheese. Delicious!
My family LOVED THIS!!!! I Followed the recipe exactly except for at the end I sprinkled in a couple handfuls of shredded Parmesan cheese. Even my two granddaughters loved this dish. We will definitely make this again
This was great! I had some cooked chicken I wanted to use. The vegetables were the same as yours, the three pepper and onion. I didn't have any fresh mushrooms, so I used canned. The only things I did different were to use 1 Tbsp of sour cream (didn't have alfredo sauce) and rolling up the filling egg roll-style and baking in the oven for about 15 min @ 375. The chicken soaked up the sour cream and wasn't dry like I thought it would be from just using 1 Tbsp. It was very tasty! Thank you.