Recipe by Melissa Wells
Im on a low carb nutrition plan and Im always experimenting with different food. I cam up with this sandwich wrap and its wonderful. I have to remind myself its ok to eat cause it taste so good. I have it figured at 6 net grams of carb.
Top Review by Anonymous
Great recipe just the way written. I do like to double the celery, add extra mushrooms and cauliflower, use reduced fat cheese and neufchatel instead of cream cheese to lighten up on the fat and calories without giving up flavor. This is popular at work pot-lucks because we have a lot of carb-watchers and people who prefer gluten free.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (I like Tyson's individually frozen Pre-Cooked breasts.)
- 1⁄4 cup of three pepper and onion blend frozen mixed vegetables (I use Kroger brand found with the frozen vegetables)
- 1 cup of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- garlic powder
- creole seasoning
- 2 -3 tablespoons alfredo sauce (I use a prepared Jar Sauce, Bertolli is very good, 3 grams of carbs)
- 1 low-carb flour tortillas (I use the wraps that have 4 net grams of Carbs. Found in my produce department)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick fry pan melt butter.
- Add frozen veggies and mushrooms.
- Cook about 5 minutes over Med-High heat.
- Slice chicken into thin slices and add to veggies mix.
- Salt, garlic and Creole seasoning to taste.
- Cook about 5 additional minutes. Now add the Alfredo, stir and cook till sauce is thick.
- Place in warm sandwich wrap.
- Can be served with a small side dish of grapes or melon slices or a small spinach or any low carb salad.