Recipe by Secret Agent
I found a recipe in Fran McCullough's Low Carb Cookbook and tweaked it a bit. I have even tried oven baking it and it works! Please note that the brining time is not included.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken, washed, brined, dried
- 2 (1 3/4 ounce) bagsbags pork rinds (Oberto Brand microwavable, Nuked and crushed with a rolling pin)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (OR 4 dashes Tobasco or Frank's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence, dried
- 2 cups Crisco shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up your chicken into serving pieces, you should get, two legs, two thighs, two wings with some breast meat on them, two breast halves (save the neck and back for stock) and soak in a brine of ¼ cup water and 1 gallon of water for about an hour or two.
- Microwave the Oberto pork rinds and cool.
- Crush the pork rinds with a rolling pin leaving different sized chunks.
- Mix mayonaise, cream, paprika, cayenne, pepper and herbs in a pie plate.
- Dry chicken pieces and roll in mayonaise mix, shaking off excess.
- Roll in the pork rinds and let dry on a wire rack.
- Heat cast iron skillet and melt Crisco over med high heat.
- Fry until up to temp, trying to turn only once, drain and eat hot, cold or in between!
- Hope you like it.