Recipe by RussArulo
This is an adaptation of the recipe available in the Atkins cookbook. Having had poor luck with it the first time around, and with no vanilla bean on hand, I changed a few things around to see how they worked out.
Top Review by katie_twomey
Let me first start by saying I am an inexperienced baker/chef...therefore I need things to be as simple as possible while I get my feet wet in the baking department. I LOVE THIS RECIPE! Simple to read and adapt! My first cheesecake using this recipe came out fantastic! Delicious taste and perfect texture! I will use this recipe time and time again! & best of all this recipe fits my low carb lifestyle!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 (1 g) packets sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 cup almond liqueur
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cheeses to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients on high for 90 seconds to three minutes. Eyeball the mixture to make sure there are no chunks of cheese. (The cookbook calls for a blender to be used for 15 minutes.).
- The original recipe calls for the use of a springform pan; failing that, use an 8" x 8" metal pan (as you might use for cakes or brownies). In either case, the pan you use will have to be put in a larger pan or dish that will function as a bain-marie.
- Get some water on the boil.
- Place the baking pan into the dish/pan-cum-bain-marie WITHOUT water and pour the cheesecake mixture into the baking pan.
- Add the hot/boiling water to the larger vessel.
- Place at or near the center rack.
- Bake for one hour.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside it for an hour more.