Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Laura Dolson, Your Guide to Low Carb Diets. Traditionally, ganache is made with half chocolate and half cream. However, the consistency depends a lot upon the chocolate and the sweetener, especially when using unsweetened chocolate. This sugar free low carb chocolate ganache can be used to make truffles or a chocolate sauce, depending upon how much cream is in them. You can easily alter the amount.
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups erythritol
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- Heat the cream, vanilla, sweetener and salt until bubbles form.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate pieces and let melt, stirring occasionally.
- Add erythritol.
- At this point, you can let it cool to room temperature at which point it can be rolled into balls as the base of truffles (which you can then roll in nuts, coconut, or cocoa powder), or you can use it as the base for a sauce by adding cream until it is the consistency you want.
- Nutritional Information:.
- This whole recipe, which will make a whole lot of truffles, has 37 grams effective carbohydrate plus 35 grams of fiber.