Low Carb Chocolate Pecan Crust
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this on LCF, a very friendly low carb site. Nice to use with all those LC cheesecake recipes. You can use this in a springform pan as well as the stated pie pan.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan pieces
- 4 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, Melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F.
- Spray a 9-in pie plate (not glass!) with cooking spray.
- In food processor, process nuts until almost becomes a nut butter.
- It should be finely ground, like meal, but just starting to "cream" on the sides/bottom of the food processor.
- Add Splenda and cocoa, pulse until mixed in thoroughly.
- Melt butter.
- Transfer nut mixture to medium sized bowl, and drizzle with melted butter, tossing with a fork to coat.
- Press nut mixture onto sides and bottom.
- Bake at 350º F for 11 minutes (do not overcook as this will make the crust taste burnt!).
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION