Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the best tasting home made chicken salad I have tasted.
Make and share this Low Carb Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a large bowl; Mix well.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
I'm not sure I've ever made chicken salad for myself before, but I know that I've never really liked it, because everyone always puts CELERY in it. Yucky (in my opinion)!!! This recipe, sans celery, was soooo good! The Dijon mustard is a real good flavor. I used up the rest of my rotisserie chicken meat, and I used capers instead of relish, because I didn't have relish. I also added about 1/3 c. of chopped almonds that I chopped in a nut grinder. I made a sandwich on potato bread with romaine lettuce, and it was an awesome dinner! Thanks for the inspiration!
Simple to make, with ingredients that are usually on hand. Even my picky DS liked this and that is praise indeed. Made for My 3 Chefs event 2012. Thanks for the recipe.