Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Taken from The Everyday Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (about 2 shakes)
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lemon, pierced 6 times with a paring knife and cut in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Grease the slow cooker crock with the butter (leave excess in the crock). In a liquid measuring cup, combine the wine, Tabasco sauce, and tapioca; stir and add to the slow cooker crock.
- Add the chicken pieces and remaining ingredients, except for the parsley.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. When done cooking, remove lemon halves, stir in parsley, and serve.
This is quite good, and so easy. I used flour instead of tapioca (forget the carbs!), it turned out great.