Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Brothy, spicy soup with big chunks of chicken breasts. Recipe modified from a low-carb recipe to omit or substitute hard-to-find ingredients (at least hard to find at my grocery store). I ate it along with a green salad. If you're not low-carbing, you can add corn, beans or serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (any color, I used red and orange)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups enchilada sauce, any heat (I used Las Palmas medium, as there was no sugar added)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Put all ingredients into your slow cooker; stir well.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours.