Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is for 6 slices of low carb bread, I like Best Low Carb Bread (Bread Machine) to use in this. This needs to chill overnight.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- low-carb bread (about 6, crusts removed)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (or any no carb mayo)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Butter both sides of bread. Place 3 slices in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Layer with chicken, celery, mushrooms and onion; top with remaining 3 slices bread.
- Combine cream, mayonaise and eggs in bowl; mix well. Pour over top and chill covered in refrigerator overnight.
- Spoon soup over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.