Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Saw this on George Stella's show on FoodNetwork, Low Carb and Lovin' It. I've used a few different berries, just trying it on for size, and the only recommendation I can make against any particular berry so far, is raspberry. It's just too tart for the rest of it.
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran or 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup club soda
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (if not sweet, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar substitute)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons wheat or oat bran with the 1 tablespoon soy flour.
- Spray a 6-cup muffin tin with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Evenly sprinkle the pan with the wheat bran and soy flour mix, being careful to coat the sides of the cups also; this will prevent sticking.
- In a bowl using a wire whisk, mix all the remaining ingredients, except the blueberries, until well blended.
- Fold in the blueberries and fill the 6 muffins cups evenly with the batter.
- Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops turn golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool before refrigerating.
- Serve warm with butter or cold with cream cheese.