Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup is really delicious. I freeze this in individual portions for lunch during the week and serve with a toasted pita bread and salad. The pumpkin is what makes it so tasty I think! Prep time does not include overnight soaking of dried soup mix.
- Soak the dried soup mix in water overnight, or several hours.
- Drain away the water and rinse.
- This cuts down the cooking time and removes the'gasiness' from the dried mix!
- Chop up all the vegetables.
- In a large non-stick pot cook the onions and garlic until softened.
- Add all of the vegetables and cook stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add all of the water, soup mix and stock powder.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Time can be more or less depending on how small you diced your vegetables or how long you soaked your soup mix, or just how mushy you want the vegetables!
- So check regulary until done to your liking.
- Season to taste.
- If you like your soup a big thicker just mash some of the vegetables with a potato masher (I do it right in the pot) or put a stick blender in there for a few seconds.
- This soup freezes very well and the recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
- I make a batch of this on weekends and freeze in individual portions to eat for lunch during the week.
- Reheat from frozen for 5 minutes in the microwave, stirring once.