Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from a cookbook a friend gave me.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 ounces smoked ham (1 slice)
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked white rice
- 3 scallions, green party only, thinly sliced
- Tabasco sauce
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy 12 inch skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, ham, seasoning mix, tomato and beans.
- Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the mixture is heated through and the flavors are well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, mound the hot rice in the center of a warm shallow serving bowl, surround with the bean mixture and sprinkle with the scallions. Serve hot as a main course and pass with Tabasco sauce.