1 hr 40 mins
Lori 13's Note:
This is GREAT. It uses Emeril's Essence seasoning, but instead of wasting money on pre-made spice mixes I always make them myself. Most of us usually have all the ingredients on hand anyway! The mix is at the beginning. It makes about 1/2 cup. It will keep for about 16 monnths.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 6 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 large poblano chile
- 1 large onion (unpeeled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots (minced)
- 4 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup good quality dark chocolate (melted)
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (inside only, chopped, toasted)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (chopped, toasted)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (chopped, toasted)
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 cup good quality dark chocolate (melted)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless center-cut pork loin chops
- 1Make Essence: Combine the papkria, salt, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne, thyme and onion powder. Set aside.
- 2Heat oven 475.
- 3Place the pepper and unpeeled onion directly on the rack. Roast 15-20 minutes or until charred all over. Remove. Enclose in a plastic bag. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4Peel both. Seed and chop.
- 5Reduce oven to 375.
- 6Heat oil in a saucepan.
- 7Add pepper, onion, shallots and garlic. Saute 3 minutes.
- 8Season with a pinch of Essence.
- 9Add stock. Bring to a boil. Cook over high for 5 minutes.
- 10Whisk in the chocolate and cream. Reduce. Simmer 2 minutes.
- 11Remove from heat. Check seasoning, if needed add a touch more of Essence.
- 12Puree. Return to saucepan. Cover. Set aside.
- 13Process the pepitos, pistachios, pine nuts and breadcrumbs until fine. Season with Essence. Place in a shallow bowl.
- 14Place chocolate in another bowl.
- 15Heat oil in a skillet until very hot.
- 16Add pork. Sear 1 minute each side. Let cool.
- 17Dredge each in chocolate then nut crumbs to coat.
- 18Place on a sprayed rack over a baking sheet.
- 19Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden and just cooked through.
- 20Re-heat sauce. Place on plates. Top with a chop.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lori's Chocolate and Nut Crusted Pork
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1254.7
- Calories from Fat 773
- Total Fat 85.9 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 180.2 mg
- Sodium 2320.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 76.9 g