1/3 Photos of Lorilyn's Spaghetti Sauce
I created this recipe to go with meatballs & spaghetti noodles last night. It turned out very flavorful, not bland, & everyone was really pleased with it. I'd like to remember how to make it again sometime so I am posting it now. I don't pre-cook the onion & green pepper because we like them a bit al dente, but feel free to saute them in a dab of oil before adding the remaining ingredients. I hope you enjoy it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used a can of Onion and Garlic flavor)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon basil (I had California Basil, dried but not crushed fine)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (I used fresh minced)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Combine all ingredients in dutch oven or large soup pot.
- 2Bring to a low boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- 3Add extra water if necessary to achieve the desired thickness.
- 4I added fully cooked meatballs at the last 5 minutes of simmering & served over cooked spaghetti noodles.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lorilyn's Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1129.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g