Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
I created this recipe to go with meatballs & spaghetti noodles last night. It turned out very flavorful, not bland, & everyone was really pleased with it. I'd like to remember how to make it again sometime so I am posting it now. I don't pre-cook the onion & green pepper because we like them a bit al dente, but feel free to saute them in a dab of oil before adding the remaining ingredients. I hope you enjoy it too!
Top Review by Nif
This was very very good. I replaced the wine with white grape juice because that's what I had on hand. I added meatballs for about 15 minutes after the sauce was done. My kids really liked it too! Made for Ramadan Tag. Thanks Tink! :)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used a can of Onion and Garlic flavor)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon basil (I had California Basil, dried but not crushed fine)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley (I used fresh minced)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in dutch oven or large soup pot.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Add extra water if necessary to achieve the desired thickness.
- I added fully cooked meatballs at the last 5 minutes of simmering & served over cooked spaghetti noodles.