1/2 Photos of Lorena Garcia's Baked Crispy French Toast
Chef Garcia's version, with strawberries, yogurt and crushed cornflakes are delicious. Her note on the nutrition info: "0when compared to a traditional recipe, has a 19 percent reduction in calories, a 25 percent reduction in carbohydrates and a 64 percent reduction in sugars!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute, granular
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 6 slices white bread, crusts removed and cut diagonally in half (1 inch slices)
- 4 cups corn flakes cereal, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Combine milk, half-and-half, SPLENDA® Granular, and vanilla; whisk until SPLENDA® Granular dissolves. Add eggs, whisking until blended.
- 3Dip bread into the milk mixture; dredge in cornflakes cereal. Place on a baking sheet.
- 4Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon over 6 plates. Arrange 2 toast triangles in the center of each plate. Arrange strawberries around toast; top toast with a small scoop of vanilla yogurt. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lorena Garcia's Baked Crispy French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.3
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 383.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-fat vanilla yogurt