1/1 Photo of Lorelei's Chicken Paprikash
Carole Whitmore's Note:
Another one of my mom's great recipes. I can remember fights at the table over who got the last piece. My dad always won. Great the next day if any's left over.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash chicen and pat dry.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3I like to use a crazy salt or seasoned salt.
- 4In a large skillet heat oil and brown chicken.
- 5Remove chicken from pan.
- 6Cook onions in dripping until soft.
- 7Add paprika.
- 8Add chicken to skillet turning once to coat with paprika.
- 9Remove chicken and add cooking sherry and chicken broth to onions and drippings.
- 10Bring to boil.
- 11Turn heat down to medium Add peas and chicken.
- 12Cook until peas are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- 13Remove Chicken.
- 14Add sour cream and 2 T frozen orange juice to peas and onions.
- 15Heat through, but DO NOT BOIL.
- 16Pour sauce over chicken.
- 17Serve over rice or noodles.
- 18Garnish with additional paprika and snipped parsley or chives.
- 19Great the next day if any is left over.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lorelei's Chicken Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.0
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 288.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 35.8 g