2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 50 mins
A classic argentinian recipe that results in wonderful tender pork. Marinating time is
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the milk and lemon juice then place the pork in a deep casserole pour over the milk mixture. Cover with a lid and leave overnight in a cool place.
- 2Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Lift the pork out of the milk mixture (reserving the milk), pat it dry with paper towels and seas with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat the butter in a large frying pan, add the pork and sauté until lightly browned all over. Transfer the pork back into the casserole containing the reserved milk mixture.
- 4Add the onion and garlic to the frying pan and sauté until softened.
- 5Add the contents of the frying pan to the pork dish, scraping up any pan drippings and bake, uncovered, for 2 hours or until the pork is tender.
- 6Transfer the pork to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 7Skim any fat from the sauce and transfer to a saucepan. Bring to the boil then continue to boil until it has reduced to 360ml/12fl.oz. stirring from time to time.
- 8Adjust the seasoning and serve separately with the pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lomo De Cerdo a La Caucana (Milk Pork)
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.2
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 208.4 mg
- Sodium 325.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 55.2 g