Chinese Five Spice Pork Chops
Easy to make pork chops. Cook time does not include marinating time of 2 hours.
- Ready In:
- 4 large pork chops
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil (or use plain olive oil and 1tsp minced garlic)
- Arrange the pork chops in a single layer in a non-metallic baking dish.
- Sprinkle on the five spice powder, then drizzle over the soy sauce and garlic oil.
- Using clean hands rub the mixture into the meat.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°C/160°F.
- Uncover the dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and tender.
- Serve immediately with a green leafy vegetable or broccoli and plain boiled or steamed rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I've been searching for a five-spice pork recipe that I've misplaced and found this one. The marinade did seem to be wanting for an acidic note as mentioned by another poster. I added about a teaspoon of white wine vinegar, doubled down on the minced garlic and grilled on a cedar plank to 140 degrees. It was magnificent.