Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in butter.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Cook over low heat until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream, chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute. Add egg yolk, flavoring and lobster.
- Place mixture in shell of lobster or individual baking dishes and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons fine buttered cracker or dry bread crumbs.
- Bake 5 minutes.
I had cut this recipe in half and it only made for 2 of us. I had boiled the lobster with some Old Bay Seasonings in the water. I had used 2 lobster tails and got 1 cup of meat out of them. For the topping I had ground up some Ritz crackers. The flavor of this dish was really amazing, was a nice creamy rich dish. Will definitely make again and I think adding a few shrimps might be a good idea. Thanks for sharing your great recipe Tonkcats. Not sure why there is no prep time listed or cook time listed. But for me it took 40 minutes to prep including cooking the lobster and get it ready for the oven of 5 minutes baking. And I am pretty quick with prep work. Maybe you can fix that...sure it had to do with the changeover.
I doubled the recipe because I also had 12 Jumbo Shrimp that I added. I also added asparagus slices before I put the bread crumbs on top and put it in the oven. This was easy & delicious. I also prepared in advance so that when it was time to eat all I had to do was add the bread crumbs.
Very tasty! I steamed the lobster pieces before cooking the dish (I wasn't sure what 'cooked lobster' referred to; boiled, baked, steamed?). I didn't use onions or mushrooms because of poor planning, and I used bread crumbs. Will definitely make again!