Recipe by TOPCAT TONY
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Lobster and bacon rolls with Hidden Valley Original Ranch Asparagus Dressing served with a side of Grecian potatoes.
- 1 lb baby red potato, blanched fork tender and halved
- 1⁄2 lb shallot, blanched fork tender and halved
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 asparagus spears, blanched and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups lobster meat, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and halved
- 8 rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil. After incorporated, reduce heat to medium low and add the potatoes and shallots; cut side down. Season with the 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Leave uncovered and do not stir. Saute for 15-20 minutes until browned.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place the Ranch Dressing, mustard, cayenne and asparagus in a blender. Pulse several times. With the motor running, slowly pour in the vegetable oil until completely incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lobster, 1/2 cup of the Asparagus Ranch Dressing, chopped eggs and tarragon and gently fold together to combine. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp white pepper.
- Stir the potatoes and shallots gently. Drizzle with the 1 tbs lemon juice. Sprinkle the lemon zest and parmesean cheese over the top.
- Spread about a tbs of the Asparagus Dressing on the bottom half of the 8 rolls. Spoon 1/4 cup of the lobster mixture on top. Place 1 piece of bacon on top of the lobster and top with top half of the bun.
- Divide the potatoes on 8 plates and serve with the lobster rolls.