Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 mins
A delicious twist on garlic bread which could be a great lunch for me!
Make and share this Loaded Garlic Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices bacon, each cut into 4 pieces
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread, cut into 24 slices, about 1/2-inch thick
- 3⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 2 pieces and each cut into 12 slices
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat 2 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels.
- Cover with another piece of paper towel.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until slightly crisp.
- Drain off fat; set aside.
- When cool enough to handle, cut into thin strips.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant; remove from heat.
- Place bread on baking sheets.
- Spoon on butter and garlic.
- Top each with a slice of cheese; sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until cheese melts and bacon is crisp.
- Cool slightly before serving.
We had a very diverse reaction to this from o'kay (3) to really great (5) so have gone the middle line. First of all I scaled this back for a small french loaf and 8 slices (4for 4 of us with meal) and I did cook the bacon in the oven (rather than the microwave) but otherwise followed through as per recipe. Personally I was surprised that the garlic flavour did not come out more (so would double that but then we love garlic bread) but did enjoy that the underside was nice and crisp and the inner was well a little chewier than would have liked but I think that was due to the bread I had bought. Served with a spaghetti bolognaise and salad tonight but think it would lend itself better to a soup or lighter dish. Thank you Lainey6605, made for Potluck tag game.
Great tasting twist on garlic bread. I made it to serve 4 slices and adjusted the amounts, but otherwise, followed as written. This made a for a great lunch with a side salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Potluck Tag Game.
This was very tasty. The instructions are listed perfectly. Even the beginner cook cannot mess this up ;) Will send this recipe off to DD. Thanks for sharing :)