Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yum! A nice vegetarian meal from April 2003 Good Housekeeping.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) package extra firm tofu, patted dry and diced
- 6 ounces snow peas, strings removed and each cut diagonally in half
- 3 green onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup bottled stir-fry sauce
- 3 ounces fresh bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- Heat water to boiling and add ramen noodles (reserve flavor packets).
- Cook two minutes.
- Drain noodles, reserving 1/4 cup noodle cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet, heat oil over med-high heat until very hot.
- Add tofu and cook 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add snow peas and green onions to skillet; cook 3-5 minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp, stirring frequently.
- Stir in carrots, stir-fry sauce and contents of 1 ramen noodle flavor packet and cook 2 minutes or until carrots are tender (Discard remaining ramen flavoring packet or save for another use).
- Reserve some bean sprouts for garnish.
- Add noodles, reserved noodle water, and remaining bean sprouts to skillet and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Sprinkle with reserved sprouts and serve.