Recipe by cherry's eats
Nobody believed me when I served this up for dessert after a great seafood BBQ. Definately not one for the kids (or the faint hearted). Make sure the vodka is chilled or even frozen.
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 large red chilies, seeded, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 finely grated lemons, juice and zest of
- 3 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 large egg white
- 6 tablespoons vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle 75gm of the sugar into a large saucepan.
- Add 600ml of cold water and the chillies.
- Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chillies with a slotted spoon and toss in the remaining sugar.
- Spread the sugared chillies, spaced well apart, on a sheet of greaseproof paper and leave to dry for about 20 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and honey to the sugar syrup and leave to cool completely. Pour into a freezer-proof container, seal and freeze for 3-4 hours until slushy.
- Break up the sorbet with a fork and spoon into a large bowl.
- Beat with a fork until smooth.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff and fold into the lemon sorbet mixture.
- Pour back into the container and freeze until solid or ready to ue.
- Move sorbet to the fridge 15 mins before serving.
- Scoop the sorbet into glasses, sprinkling each scoop with some of the glace chillies.
- Pour over the vodka and top with a pile of the remaining chillies.