Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Well, I failed at making bamieh. But I'm gonna try it again. Mine didn't have the shape supposed to have,otherwise it tasted great! Indians have a very similar dessert, just the syrup is slightly different.
- Mix cooking oil with a glass of water and 1-2 spoons of sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Pour in flour and mix well.
- When water boils off and the mix thickens, remove from heat. Allow the mix to cool down, then add eggs and mix well until smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan until hot. Pour the mix through a funnel into the pan, creating flattened balls about 3 cm in diameter.
- Fry on both sides.
- Mix well sugar, rose-water, and a glass of water.
- Heat until water comes to a boil, and the syrup thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Soak baamieh in the syrup for about 5 minutes, then serve.