Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this to reduce my carbs. I think it might be the recipe from the cocoa can with appropriate substitutions for low carb or diabetic.
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 cups low-carb milk, such as Hood's calorie countdown
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- Mix together splenda, cocoa, salt, and hot water in a small saucepan until smooth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, and stir in dairy beverage until blended.
- Heat mixture until hot, but do not boil.
So easy and so delicious!! I used my microwave instead of the stove and it worked perfectly! Did use only about 1 tablespoon of Splenda per cup since I don't like my hot chocolate too sweet. Thanks Sue! :)
I really enjoyed this. I have made the original Hershey recipe several times, but this is the first time I subbed Splenda. I used non-fat milk and regular vanilla though. I was afraid this would have an aftertaste or something, but it actually was pretty good. I always felt like the original had too strong a cocoa flavor, and the same could possibly be said about this, but in general this was a good substitute for a dieter.