Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Yummy, Lots of taste-- and low cal, low fat too!
Make and share this Lite Braised Round Steak recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4.92 ml mustard powder
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 14.79 ml carne asada spice mix (Mexican Seasoning)
- 56.69-170.09 g round steaks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 396.89 g can stewed tomatoes
- 118.29 ml water, if needed
- In a medium bowl, combine mustard powder, cornstarch, salt, pepper and Carne Asada.
- Slice steaks into strips, this is easiest if the meat is still partially frozen. Add meat strips to mustard powder mixture. Stir to completely coat.
- Veggie spray generously, a non stick frypan. Over high heat, add coated meat, the meat should sizzle when added. Brown meat on all sides, about 4 or 5 minutes; reduce heat to medium and add onions, mushrooms, carrot and celery. Cook stirring occasionally until onion and mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Add stewed tomatoes, stir to mix, bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and simmer for one hour or until meat is fork tender. If the mixture becomes dry add water as required.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.