Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a bed and breakfast cookbook, and it quickly became my husband's favorite breakfast treat.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup baking mix, such as Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 loaf French bread, day old
- Mix all ingredients except bread until smooth.
- Slice bread into 1" thick slices. Soak in batter until aturated. (I often pour the batter into a jelly roll pan and lay the bread slices on top, let them sit a minute and flip them over until all liquid is absorbed.).
- Fry over medium heat in 1/4" oil until done.
Yummy treat for Sunday breakfast. I had never heard of using baking mix for French toast and really enjoyed the result. I used Bisquick Heart Smart, egg substitute and skim milk.
Double Wow! This is wonderful, I was looking for the recipe a friend served me, it's called "Italian French Toast" His is 2 steps, he makes the eggs, milk and cinnamon, dips the bread and then dips it in the "pancake" mix. This simplifies it all. I can only eat one but I make a whole batch and freeze it for other quick meals. This simplifies it, thank you Lisa!
WOW! This is like having pancakes and French toast together. Quite an indulgence and I'm afraid I'll have to limit my consumption of this to special occasions.