1/1 Photo of Liqueur Oranges
A light, easy dessert that pleases most people and a great way to finish a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a zester, remove the rind of 2 oranges.
- 2(if you don't have a zester, use a vegetable peeler, then cut into fine strips).
- 3Place these in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- 4Bring to the boil, and cook until slightly softened.
- 5Drain the peel, and return to the saucepan with the sugar, vanilla bean, and 125ml water.
- 6Simmer very gently until the strips become transparent.
- 7Peel all the oranges removing ALL the pith, then carefully segment.
- 8Place the oranges in a bowl.
- 9Remove the vanilla bean from the syrup (which will be rather thick).
- 10Add the liqueur and brandy then stir and pour this over the orange pieces.
- 11Cover and chill well.
- 12This looks good served in glasses with an extra thick cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Liqueur Oranges
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: