Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for leftover Christmas Ham.
- 20 g butter
- 1 leek, chopped (white part only)
- 1 clove garlic
- 200 g ham, chopped
- 100 g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red chile, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- Melt the butter then add the leek, garlic, ham& chille.
- Cook until leek is at least softened (I like to let mine go until the leek is golden and the ham a little crispy around the edges).
- While this is cooking, boil some linguini (or your preferred pasta) in plenty of salted water.
- When the pasta is cooked, transfer it straight to the leek pan using a past spoon/fork (the pasta doesn't need to be washed).
- Whisk the egg& milk together.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the milk mixture and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with salt (probably wont need much because of the ham), pepper and cheese.