Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not much to say about this recipe except it's the best I've ever had. I've posted the recipe as it was given to me, but I have, at times, made a few adjustments to save some prep time and ended up with the same wonderful results. I've use canned clams, minced and whole, bottled clam juice and canned 'ready made' diced tomatoes.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- red pepper (to taste)
- 4 -5 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 lb chopped fresh clam
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 lb linguine
- Saute' garlic and onions in the olive oil and butter.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, red pepper and tomatoes.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add clams and clam juice to sauce.
- Reheat, no not over-cook the clams.
- Serve over hot linguini.
I added roasted red pepers, capers, and lemmon juice. Had to use a can of tomatoes and a handful of fresh cherry toms. Brilliant !!!
This is delicious! So easy for a weekday meal. I foolowed the recipe exactly and would not change a thing. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.