I got this recipe from all recipes, however I added my own personal touch and WOW, what a hit; everyone loves it and wants the recipe. Very important to use all fresh herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry linguine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1In a large skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until the onions are translucent. Add the butter, stir until melted. Add the peppers and herbs, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 2While the peppers and herbs are simmering start cooking the linguini according to the package.
- 3Drain the cans of minced clams, reserving half of the juice.
- 4Stir in the clams, reserved juice, salt and pepper, and wine into the large skillet with the peppers and herbs. Simmer the mixture for 25 minutes, until the sauce has reduced 1/3 and has thickened.
- 5You want to spoon the clam sauce over the linguine as soon as the linguine is done and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguini and Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1061.0
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 184.4 mg
- Sodium 376.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 57.2 g