Simply delicious linguine with clams. Bold and spicy, you will just love this. Quick and easy to make too with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cans chopped clams, drained reserving 1/2 cup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley (fresh is even better)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 12 ounces linguine
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Begin preparing linguine according to package directions.
- 2In saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 3Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- 4(Use as much or as little pepper flakes as you like, this can get HOT. I like mine to burn just a little!!) Cook just until onions start becoming transparent.
- 5Toward the end of the cooking time, throw in the oregano and basil.
- 6When onion mixture is done, add the chopped clams, the reserved liquid, and the wine.
- 7Simmer about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- 8Add parsley and simmer one minute more.
- 9Add clam mixture to your large pot of well drained linguine and mix gently.
- 10Douse generously with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine with white clam sauce
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.9 mg
- Sodium 91.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 30.5 g