Recipe by Gwen35
The original author of this recipe altered it to reduce the fat and calories. I have had it for a while, but have not tried it yet. It does sound good, though. It yields four servings with one cup pasta and about 1/2 cup sauce for each.
- 283.49 g can baby clams, undrained
- 29.58 ml light butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/4 tsp. dry)
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 184.27 g can minced clams, drained
- 946.36 ml hot cooked linguine (about 8 oz. uncooked pasta)
- fresh thyme sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain baby clams in a sieve over a bowl, reserving juice.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute one minute.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in reserved clam juice, wine, chopped parsley, thyme, and pepper and cook two minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the baby clams and the minced clams, and cook three minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve clam sauce over pasta.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.