Recipe by Gwen35
The original author of this recipe altered it to reduce the fat and calories. I have had it for a while, but have not tried it yet. It does sound good, though. It yields four servings with one cup pasta and about 1/2 cup sauce for each.
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, undrained
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/4 tsp. dry)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams, drained
- 4 cups hot cooked linguine (about 8 oz. uncooked pasta)
- fresh thyme sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain baby clams in a sieve over a bowl, reserving juice.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute one minute.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in reserved clam juice, wine, chopped parsley, thyme, and pepper and cook two minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the baby clams and the minced clams, and cook three minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve clam sauce over pasta.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.