Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
a spicy puttanesca without turning on the stove.... different from the original but well worth the try
- 1 package linguine
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, , chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Boil water and cook linguine.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir tomatoes with all the other ingredients except basil Drain linguine.
- Add linguine and basil to tomato mixture.
- Toss well.
This was great,I pureed the tomatoes before adding everthing else.It was nice,quick and easy!