Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an easy, wonderfully flavoured pasta dish that can be whipped up in no time for an intimate dinner for two. Recipe is easily doubled. I use my non-stick wok as it is big enough for tossing the pasta and sauce together in and the sauce gets distributed better throughout that way.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can baby clams, drained, reserve juice
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- linguine, enough for two, cooked, well drained, do not rinse
- I usually make this in my non-stick wok.
- Heat oil and butter on medium heat and saute onion and garlic until soft and tender, not brown.
- Add basil and bay leaf.
- Pour in wine, lemon rind, lemon juice and reserved clam juice.
- Simmer until reduced a little (by about a third).
- Add clams and heat through.
- Toss in the cooked linguine a little at a time (don't make the mistake of adding too much or the sauce will be lost!) and lastly add the cheese and parsley.
- Serve with more cheese on the side and red pepper flakes (optional) and warm garlic bread.