Recipe by Emjay99
This is an easy, wonderfully flavoured pasta dish that can be whipped up in no time for an intimate dinner for two. Recipe is easily doubled. I use my non-stick wok as it is big enough for tossing the pasta and sauce together in and the sauce gets distributed better throughout that way.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can baby clams, drained, reserve juice
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- linguine, enough for two, cooked, well drained, do not rinse
Directions See How It's Made
- I usually make this in my non-stick wok.
- Heat oil and butter on medium heat and saute onion and garlic until soft and tender, not brown.
- Add basil and bay leaf.
- Pour in wine, lemon rind, lemon juice and reserved clam juice.
- Simmer until reduced a little (by about a third).
- Add clams and heat through.
- Toss in the cooked linguine a little at a time (don't make the mistake of adding too much or the sauce will be lost!) and lastly add the cheese and parsley.
- Serve with more cheese on the side and red pepper flakes (optional) and warm garlic bread.