Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy, wonderfully flavoured pasta dish that can be whipped up in no time for an intimate dinner for two. Recipe is easily doubled. I use my non-stick wok as it is big enough for tossing the pasta and sauce together in and the sauce gets distributed better throughout that way.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can baby clams, drained, reserve juice
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- linguine, enough for two, cooked, well drained, do not rinse
- I usually make this in my non-stick wok.
- Heat oil and butter on medium heat and saute onion and garlic until soft and tender, not brown.
- Add basil and bay leaf.
- Pour in wine, lemon rind, lemon juice and reserved clam juice.
- Simmer until reduced a little (by about a third).
- Add clams and heat through.
- Toss in the cooked linguine a little at a time (don't make the mistake of adding too much or the sauce will be lost!) and lastly add the cheese and parsley.
- Serve with more cheese on the side and red pepper flakes (optional) and warm garlic bread.
Yum! I loved this and it was so easy to make. I doubled the recipe and had no leftovers for 4 of us. I'll definitely make this one again.
Great recipe. Used about 1/4 cup of shallots instead of onion, and about 4 cloves of garlic. The sauce was amazing. Thank you.
This was great. Have tried others but the added lemon made this special.