Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 2007)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only, split lenghwise and then sliced crosswise
- 1 1/4 lbs tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 1/4 cups parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1In a large skillet heat ooil over medium high heat and add next 3 ingredients (garlic -fennel seeds) and saute 1 minutes.
- 2Stri in leeks and saute another 4-5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- 3Stir in tomatoes and stir another minute.
- 4Stir in wine and vinegar and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes break down.
- 5Meanwhile prepare pasta according to package directions; drain; reserving 1 1/4 cups of the cooking liquid.
- 6Stir pasta into sauce along wiht 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid and 3/4 cup of the cheese; tossing over medium high heat until sauce coats the pasta;adding more liquid as needed.
- 7Pout in serving bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Serve with remaining cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Leek and Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.4
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.5 mg
- Sodium 501.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar