Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 2007)
Make and share this Linguine With Leek and Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only, split lenghwise and then sliced crosswise
- 1 1⁄4 lbs tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- In a large skillet heat ooil over medium high heat and add next 3 ingredients (garlic -fennel seeds) and saute 1 minutes.
- Stri in leeks and saute another 4-5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Stir in tomatoes and stir another minute.
- Stir in wine and vinegar and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes break down.
- Meanwhile prepare pasta according to package directions; drain; reserving 1 1/4 cups of the cooking liquid.
- Stir pasta into sauce along wiht 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid and 3/4 cup of the cheese; tossing over medium high heat until sauce coats the pasta;adding more liquid as needed.
- Pout in serving bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with remaining cheese.
i am so sorry....this didn't go over well at all. :( I was happy the fennel seeds softened but i didn't like the flavor of them against the delicate leeks. dh flat out hated the whole dish. younger dd said she liked it but picked out the fennel seeds. older dd said it was ok but wouldn't eat 2nds or leftovers. i absolutely LOVE leeks so I was really looking forward to this and am really sad nobody liked it. perhaps more leeks, no fennel seeds? made for veggie swap 7/11.