Recipe by Fat Doggin'
This is my all time favorite food! It does take a while to make but it is well worth the end result!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 carrots, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ld. boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- salt & pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 lb linguine, freshly cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter with oil in heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery and parsley and saute until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until springy to the touch, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter using slotted spoons; leave vegetables in skillet.
- Add green and red peppers to skillet and cook until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add sage, oregano, and basil. Season with salt & pepper. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Mix in tomato sauce and paste. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionaly, about 45 minutes.
- Add cream and chicken to sauce and stir until heated through. Spoon over linguine and serve immediately.