Recipe by TMomofone
This is my moms recipe. I LOVED when she made it when I was a kid, so now I make it for myself often. The "foundation" for the sauce is the butter and the olive oil. I am a garlic lover, so I use 2X the garlic, but I thought I would post the original recipe without my little changes!! I do prefer mine made with the optional ingredients, but that's definitely based on preference!
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces linguine, cooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain clams, reserving liquid.
- In sauce pan, saute onion and garlic in oil and butter over med-low heat for about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn heat up slightly, stir in clam liquid and bring to a boil - about 3 minutes.
- Stir in clams, parsley, pepper, and any optional ingredients. Heat through.
- Serve over linguine.