Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A favorite of mine. Adapted from Cooking Light, May 2006
Make and share this Linguine With Asparagus, Parmesan, and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups sliced asparagus (1-inch)
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh linguine
- 4 bacon, slices (uncooked)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup pre-shredded parmesan cheese
- shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook asparagus and pasta according to pasta package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp and cool slightly.
- Remove bacon from the pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in pan.
- Crumble bacon.
- Add onion, garlic, and oregano to drippings in the pan and sauté 4 minutes or until onion is lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in butter, salt, and pepper and remove from heat.
- Place asparagus mixture in a large bowl and add tomato mixture and juice, tossing well.
- Top with bacon and shredded cheese.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan, if desired.
I will be making this again, so quick and easy! Thanks for posting, we absolutely loved it!
This is a great and very low calorie filling meal. I have been making it for a few years and we always enjoy!
Delicious! A perfect, light yet flavorful summer meal. I did everything as directed except for used veggie bacon instead. I was so surprised at how complex this dish was without any sauce. Compliments all around. Thanks for sharing :) Made for PRMR tag.