Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An absolutely delicious tart-n-sweet treat! If you can't find lingonberries, use cranberries - you may want to decrease the amount of sugar in the recipe somewhat, as lingonberries are seriously tart and the amount of sugar reflects that. ;-) Serve this pie with caramel sauce for an added touch of decadence. Recipe adapted from vsfinland.fi.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 150 ml sugar
- 350 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 400 ml lingonberries (thawed and drained)
- 100 ml sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 150 ml oatmeal
- 100 ml sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 50 g butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 175°C Grease a 28 cm pie dish.
- To make crust: Mix softened butter and sugar. Add flour, baking powder and egg and quickly mix to form a dough.
- Press the dough on the bottom and sides of the pie dish.
- Combine filling ingredients and mix well. Spread the filling over crust.
- To make topping: Combine oatmeal, sugar and vanilla sugar; sprinkle the mixture on top of the filling and top with butter cubes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
excellent! very fast making, good with vanilla sous or icecream
Boy was this good! DH tried one bite and said: Five stars! And I so agree - it has jut the perfect sweetness for the tart lingonberries. I used a gluten free flour mix for the crust (millet flour, white rice flour, tapioca starch and potato starch with 1/2 teaspoon xanthan) and gluten free oats for the topping. Will definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing!
Made for PAC Fall 2012