I found this recipe clipping within my Mother's Recipe Box. It looks very old and well used. I have seen other Lindy's recipes listed within Zaar, however the ingredient amounts do vary. I hope you will enjoy it. Cooking time includes time to chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, freshly grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature (2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange peel, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon peel, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Combine flour, sugar and lemon peel.
- 3Make a well in center and drop in egg yolk, butter and vanilla.
- 4Quickly work together until well blended.
- 5Wrap in waxed paper and chill 1 hour.
- 6Detach bottom from springform pan.
- 7Roll out about 1/3 of the dough 1/8" thick.
- 8Fit over bottom of buttered 9" springform pan.
- 9Trim and save extra dough.
- 10Bake circle of dough about 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- 12Butter sides of pan and place sides over bottom.
- 13Turn up oven to 500 degrees F.
- 14Roll out remaining dough and line pan 3/4 of the way up sides.
- 15Blend together cream cheese, sugar, flour, grated peels and vanilla until smooth.
- 16Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 17Blen in cream thoroughly.
- 18Turn cheese mixture into springform pan and bake 10-12 minutes.
- 19Reduce heat to 200 degrees F and bake 1 hour.
- 20Cool in a draft-free place and top with Strawberry Glaze (** Recipe Follows).
- 21Remove sides of pan and refrigerate cake.
- 22To Make Strawberry Glaze:.
- 23Reserve the largest and most attractive berries for the top of cheesecake.
- 24Crush about 1 cup berries in a saucepan; add sugar, water, cornstarch and salt.
- 25Stirring constantly,boil mixture for about 2 minutes.
- 26Blend in butter.
- 27Remove from heat, pour into blender and puree.
- 28Let cool slightly.
- 29Arrange whole berries on cheesecake and spoon glaze over all.
- 30Chill several hours before serving time.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lindy's Cheesecake With Strawberry Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 844.0
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.3 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 320.6 mg
- Sodium 459.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 58.2 g
- Protein 14.6 g