Cook1 hr 30 mins
These are just plain GOOOOOOOOD! These YUMMY babies go GREAT with just about any meat, fish, or poultry dish!
- 6 large russet potatoes, 10-11 oz. each
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon (4-5 slices)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350.
- Wash potatoes.
- Pierce tops of potatoes with fork several times. Do not wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake potatoes on oven rack 70-85 minutes or until tender when pierced. Remove from oven, and cool 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in lg. bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Cut a thin slice off top of each potato.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out center of each, leaving a thin shell.
- Add potato centers to cheese mixture. Using fork, break up potatoes, and mix until well blended. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Position potatoes under broiler so that tops are 5" from heat source.
- Broil 4-6 mins., or until tops are golden brown.
- Turn off heat, close oven door, and leave potatoes in oven for an additional 7-10 mins., or until heated through.
Absolutely delicious! I served these with my prime rib dinner on Christmas and will be putting them on my menu next year. I substituted onion powder for the green onion, and have to say they were even better reheated the next day!
These were great - really really cheesy. I used the bagged shredded cheese that was a mix of cheddar and monterey jack and it worked nicely. I really liked how soft they stayed. Will be making these again - thanks!!