Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love meatloaf, and was looking for a new way to make it... I experimented until I came up with this one, and boy, was I glad I did... It was WONDERFUL... Thought I would share it with all of you, it was so good!
- 3 jalapeno peppers, pureed in the blender, then drained, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice, for sauce (If you don't like it hot, use only 2 jalapenos, and reserve 1 tablespoons for sauce, or use 1 4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup oats, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons egg substitute or 1 egg, whipped
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped, reserving 2 T. for sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 tablespoons kraft four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup kraft four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients together. Mix well.
- Add ground beef, and mix well.
- In a 9x13" baking pan, shape meat into a loaf about 1" high x 8" long x 6" wide.
- Top with the 6 T. Mexican cheese down the middle of the loaf.
- Bring up both sides of the meatloaf to cover the cheese, and then press down to cover cheese. Carefully reshape into a loaf again.
- Put in the oven, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup, reserved 2 tablespoons jalepanos, reserved onions, and garlic powder in a small plastic dish.
- Put in microwave on high heat for 2 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon sauce over cooked loaves, and sprinkle with the 3/4 cup cheese.
- Put pan back into the oven, and cook about 15 more minutes, or until cheese is melted down the sides of the meatloaf.
- When done, take out of oven, slice into 2" slices, and serve.